Wednesday, January 24, 2007, posted by WoW Fan at 4:35 PM
With the gloomy Outlands sky hanging above me, my mind was pondering at my luckless streak over my adventures into instances these pass few days. Then a suddenly a lone silhouette was appearing up ahead running towards me. I quickly draw out my sword to prepare myself in battle stance just as a precaution.

Within the next few yards I felt calmer as I was quite sure he was a fellow Tauren just making his way to Shattrath City.
From afar he greeted me with a salute and I quickly return the greeting with a quick friendly wave. As he was passing me with him still being targeted from the earlier wave gesture, I looked up and got a shock of my dear life...

He was
Level 42! [ /faint ]


Well apparently there are 2 ways to get to Outlands below Level 58:
1] Get a Mage with the Shattrath Portal to open a portal for you to Shattrath City.
2] Get a Warlock who is in Outlands to summon you.

In my opinion if you wanna do this for fun its fine and dandy but I think its more beneficial to those around level 54-56 with a strong guild or higher level friends to go there and do a few instance runs.

Once you are in Shattrath City, make sure you make it your new home. You can always travel to all your faction's cities via the portals in Shattrath.

Here is a Screenshot taken yesterday:


If this stop working in the near future, please drop a comment here so I can add a note on this post. Thanks!



Technorati Tags: , , , , ,

Labels: , , , , ,

 
11 Comments:


At January 25, 2007 at 9:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

Would summoning from a meeting stone work too?

This is very interesting. I had been wondering what would happen if I tried to portal someone to Shattrath and they weren't 58 yet. Good to know. Guess there will be some level 1 bank alts running around Shattrath City.

 

At January 25, 2007 at 11:50 PM, Blogger Daryl W.T. Lau

Ah.. a fellow Mage... what an honor indeed. Well I've tried using the meeting stone but there is a level restriction to it.. therefore it would not be possible to summon those way below the instance permitted level.

 

At January 26, 2007 at 2:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

I seriously doubt this is possible. Take a look at the screenshot - It's a level 64, with part of the "6" covered by the red line.

 

At January 26, 2007 at 3:37 AM, Blogger Daryl W.T. Lau

I always optimize my images for faster downloading purposes. Here is the original size of the avatar for your perusal:

Original Sized Image

Cheers and thanks for your visit and comments which I truly appreciate.

 

At March 14, 2007 at 3:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

This does work, as of March 12, 07 I saw a 55 lvl toon from our guild in Hellfire.

 

At June 3, 2007 at 10:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

I tried to port a few people under lvl 58 and they could not use the portal; even a lvl 57 elf. Perhaps it was killed in the last update.

 

At June 23, 2007 at 10:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

This morning, my lock just summoned my 47 buddy to Shatt, so I can confirm that method is still usable.

 

At December 30, 2007 at 5:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

I know this post is old but yes, it is true and in the screenshot (unless you're blind) can plainly see that it is a "5" not a "6". No doubting or speculating at all. I got ported out there as a lvl 22.

 

At January 5, 2008 at 1:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

I have a 14th level mage hearthsoned to Shattrah as well as other characters, makes travel a lot easier, and quicker.

 

At October 20, 2008 at 12:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

this is definately possible shatt is one of hte first places I take new alts. I have had level 1 toons in shatt on a regular basis.

by taking them to shatt first you get the benefit of the portals to get you to UC, Silvermoon, TB and Org (no QQing for the allies please you weren't mentioned for a reason)

this saves the gruesome long walks its great.

 

At September 16, 2010 at 2:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

in a recent patch if u can get a toon of any level to the dark portal
now u can pass thru it and the fp to thrallmar/honor hold is available
to everyone