Thursday, March 1, 2007, posted by WoW Fan at 2:52 AM
This is a follow-up post to the earlier Make Money to Obtain Epic Flying Mount I posted last week.

Note: Motes of Shadow will not be included in this list as its usually cheaper to buy in AH than take the time to farm, this list is incomplete and will be updated with more information such as coords and ratings. This is just a list of mobs that have best drop rates on the particular motes.

Hope this at least gets you guys pointed in right direction.

Mote of Life
[Zangarmarsh][60-61][Withered Giants]
[Zangarmarsh][62-64][Starving Fungal Giants]

Mote of Water
[Terokkar][62-64][Shimmering Eels]
[Nagrand][6466][Lake Spirit]
[Nagrang][65-67][Lake Surger]
[Shadowmoon][67-69][Enraged Water Spirit]

Mote of Fire

[Blade's Edge][66-68][Searing Elemental]
[Shadowmoon][68-70][Enraged Fire Spirit]

Mote of Air
[Nagrand][65-66][Storm Ripper]
[Nagrand][66-67][Living Cyclones]
[Netherstorm][68-70][Enraged Air Spirit]

Mote of Earth

[Nagrand][64-65][Tortued Earth Spirit]
[Nagrand][65-66][Enraged Crusher]
[Shadowmoon][67-69][Enraged Earth Spirit]



Technorati Tags: , , ,

Labels: , , ,

 
11 Comments:


At March 1, 2007 at 11:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

Wow cool thanks!

Which motes in your opinion is best to farm for money?

Soulstriker, 70 NE Druid, Merveilles, Dragonblight

 

At March 1, 2007 at 12:17 PM, Blogger Daryl W.T. Lau

Howdy Daniel... well it depends on server actually. For mine it is Air and Fire for higher value. But so far I think I made more with Earth.

 

At March 1, 2007 at 5:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

*Huma bows before You..

THis was really what I needed.. Thx a lot..

These are the top drop rates?

As to the question I suggest fire and air.. Fire is good buisness, so it might be a bit harder to farm sometimes becouse of the other 'businessmen'.. :-)

 

At March 1, 2007 at 6:39 PM, Blogger Daryl W.T. Lau

LOL... businessman.. I like that term!

Well the 1st listed mob is the easiest and the last listed mob have the highest drop rate. It depends which one you feel more comfortable in tackling.

:D

 

At March 1, 2007 at 8:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

It seems that on my server, it makes far more sense to farm for money and then buy the mats!

It's hard to say I miss the "institutionalised businessmen" but they did contribute to the supply of mats... ^^

Does anybody know where's the best site to find Singaporean WoWers?

 

At March 1, 2007 at 10:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

Daniel: "Does anybody know where's the best site to find Singaporean WoWers?"

Try the WoW-asia forums.. That would be my best guess, but I live on the other side of the planet, sooo maybe I'm wrong.. hehe :-)

On my server the primal fire sells for 22-25g, the mote is 2.5-4g.. I'd better put stuff in AH, the to buy anything from it.. I need money to epic flying mount.. That 288% will be cool.

 

At March 7, 2007 at 3:06 AM, Blogger The Deuce

Mote of Mana is missing from the list and these easily sell in the AH for 20+ gold per. Not to mention that they are used in Primal Might transmute.

I have been farming them a lot for my Flameguard but it's slow. Best run I had so far was about 30 motes klling Nether Rays and Phase hunters just SE of the Arkkon Ruins.

 

At March 7, 2007 at 8:16 AM, Blogger Daryl W.T. Lau

Thanks for the sharing Deuce... its not on the list cause I did not have much luck with it, perhaps its just me or my server... LOL!

I'm sure others will benefit from it though... Thanks again!

Regards,
Daryl

 

At May 17, 2008 at 10:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

just wanted to say you can also farm primal water from the water elementals in northern shadowmoon. the drop rate is good, and the monsters go down very easily.

thanks for the info.

gaboriel(70 demonology warlock)

 

At July 31, 2008 at 10:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

Just an update for the best mote of life drops 46% is Rotting Forest-Rager along the eastern edge of The Bones Waste

 

At December 25, 2010 at 8:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

awesome blog, do you have twitter or facebook? i will bookmark this page thanks. peace maria